Saint Agitator

God's Gift to Taboo-Ridden Christians

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Why Am I Here?

****
I may be called "Saint Agitator" because I go about stirring up minds in a holy manner. Or I may be called "Saint Agitator" because I make other Christians mad.

I would like to think that some of what goes on here will be profitable.

Sometimes I will simply be ranting.

This could get interesting.

I would like to toss around some thoughts regarding common Evangelical taboos and practices. I have spent time in some extremely culturally conservative sects of Christianity.

For example, I spent a few weekends with folks who would not unbutton the top button of their shirts because they thought it was immodest. I bet you cannot say "Been there, done that." I'll give you a rum-flavored lolipop if you can.

Some of the topics I will be considering:
  • Drinking alcohol in moderation and Smoking
  • Profanity
  • Masturbation
  • Physical Intimacy between Unmarried Persons
  • "Secular" Entertainment - music, movies, TV, etc.
  • Modest Dress
Why should you stick around? You probably shouldn't. Why should you care? You probably shouldn't. Why should I spend my time doing this? I probably shouldn't.

Now that that's out of the way, let's begin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home